Nice Firm Aspect Ratio for middle east Resolution

Posted by J.Corbett 
Nice Firm Aspect Ratio for middle east Resolution
August 24, 2006 01:18PM
ok i am slightly confused on resolution and aspect ratio.

when i think of aspect ratio i am thinking the size of the tile such as 720x480. i think that the 720 is referring to vertical lines and 480 is horizontal lines.

when i think of resolution i am thinking how well defined the images are such as a difference in clarity between a consumer camera and a DXV 100b. think that quality settings are dealing with resolution.

though sometimes i hear people refer to resolution in terms of 1024x768 or 1280x960. which makes me think i have the 2 term's definitions backwards.

when some one ask me what resolution i do not know how to answer the question and i would like to know. i dont know where to look to answer that nor where to look to find the setting to change the resolution. and even if i did i wouldn't know what to change them to.

as for aspect ratio i do not know how to change it during export. i need to know because i am trying to upload video to the web. so i am thinking that if the frame size/aspect ratio is half the size then it would take up less space on my server and would still fill the screen they put in my html without me having to drop so far in what i think is resolution.

eye no that this may be a really intense grouping of questions but i have been editing for about 4.5 years and never had to bother with these things to much till now.

Remember i am a member of this community and if i go out there and say something stupid it reflects on all of us:-) peer pressure not included

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: Nice Firm Aspect Ratio for middle east Resolution
August 24, 2006 01:23PM
no, no, no. the resolution is as SIZE spec and is pixels not lines. some export options have aspect check boxes and others dont. but MOST have constrain proportions options, so that when you change one number the other changes accordingly.

exporting to web has no set rules on size you can pick whatver size you need. i just layout my page in illustrator make a box where i want the movie to be, measure that and that defines what size i export at...

like i said in that other thread, if you can get me your source clips, i'll be happyto export them to flv/swf for you...
Re: Nice Firm Aspect Ratio for middle east Resolution
August 25, 2006 09:19AM
Just as a second opinion, you can also output the finished product through Compressor as H.264 and get a much better picture that with .swf. As with a .swf file needing to have the Flash player, H.264 needs QuickTime 7 to play it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics