Media Manager

Posted by salem 
Media Manager
August 28, 2006 04:01PM
I have a large project with several bins and approx. 5 gigs of media -with one very short sequence. Yet when I select the browser to delete unused media from the project only a few mb are modified when I'd expect most of the 5 gigs to go - what gives?
Re: Media Manager
August 28, 2006 04:08PM
How large are the master clips you used media from? If, lets say, you had 5-1GB Master clips and used a very small part of each of them in your sequence, the whole 5 GB would be left cause not one Master clip item could be thrown away when using Delete Unused Media in Media Manager.
August 28, 2006 04:27PM
Hi and thanks for the reply - I'm just trying to figure out Media Manager for the first time so please bare with me. My test project has many master clips in serveral bins and each varies in size from clip to clip. I created one sequence from a portion of one of the master clips thinking that the media from that sequence would be preserved and everything else would be disgarded. Am I missing something?
August 29, 2006 12:43PM
make sure all the "include.. such & such " tick boxes are un-ticked.

if you still dont get a significant reduction (sounds like a furniture wareouse ad!)
you have 2 options:

1- control or right clock on your sequence in the browser,
chose: "make sequence clips independent"

you may not want to make your seq clips independent.
so option 2

copy the sequence into a new project.
that'll sever the master / affiliate ties,
with out damaging your original seq.

cheers,
nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics