flickering, jumpy clips

Posted by newptfot 
flickering, jumpy clips
August 29, 2006 08:41AM
Dual 2.7 Mac, OSX10.4.7, 3.5 Gig Ram, FCP Studio 5.04

Finished a 30 min travel movie upon opening project the next morning about every other clip has alittle, flick, jump, click whatever. They look like what you would see in a bad transition, if I reinsert the original clip it repairs it, what causes this? This project has always been on a LaCie external drive no problems, this happened randomly, no recent up-grades on the system, any ideas?

Rick

P.S all my weddings in progress are fine (internal and external), just this one movie.
Re: flickering, jumpy clips
August 29, 2006 08:45AM
Are you viewing on an external monitor?
August 29, 2006 10:58AM
have you tryied moving your prefs to the trash, starting FCP and re-opening your project?

When you start FCP up again you will have to go through the quick set up process etc. This fixes playback problems for me when I have them.

Don't empty your trash until you have the project open in FCP again and everything is going smooth.
August 29, 2006 11:11AM
Yes I am viewing external.
August 29, 2006 11:12AM
I will try your suggestion I had a feeling the trash your preferences was coming, I will let you know.
August 29, 2006 11:13AM
I will try your suggestion I had a feeling the trash your preferences was coming, I will let you know.
August 29, 2006 12:09PM
Trashing prefences did noy work hmmmmm.
August 29, 2006 12:09PM
Trashing prefences did not work hmmmmm.
August 29, 2006 03:07PM
Are your sequence settings correct? Specifically field dominance?

Adam Duplay
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics