creating a border

Posted by maryf 
creating a border
September 01, 2006 05:39PM
Hello,

This should be simple but... I'm having problems. I'm using FCP 3 (system 9.2). I recently had to shift the picture on a credit sequence because it was out of title safe. I just moved the whole image a little bit to the left. Now I want to create a black border on the left side of the picture so it will match the right. I'm using the "border" function but can't for the life of me figure out how you're supposed to size the border and all that. Can anyone explain this?

Thanks,

Mary
Re: creating a border
September 01, 2006 05:53PM
can you just open the clip in the viewer and click the "motion" tab,
the scroll down to "crop" and crop the left of the photo?
Re: creating a border
September 01, 2006 06:26PM
> I recently had to shift the picture on a credit sequence because it was out of title safe.

Are you using a picture-in-picture effect? Or does the image fill the frame? Title Safe is only for text to make sure all TVs can read it; images can be out of Title Safe as long as they're within Action Safe.

Rather than crop the left -- and end up with two black bars on your image, which will look ugly when viewed on computers (DVDs on computers included), websites and when projected, you may want to consider blowing up the picture slightly to fill the whole frame. Or, use a gradient effect on the right side on all pictures, make it look intentional. A solid black bar doesn't look designed, usually.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics