capture Beta Sp as >DvCam

Posted by Francois 
capture Beta Sp as >DvCam
September 04, 2006 02:04AM
If I capture some old pal beta Sp footage through analogic as pal DvCam I have two black lines on the side

ok that's because although the two format are same 720/576 size , Beta is square pixel and gets horizontaly squashed as non-square Dv pixel

how can I deal with it ?

- When capturing ?
I guess I have to ask for an other size to fake the format or something

- and maybe AFTER capturing ? (I have a good deal of footage already in)

(I know forum s been througth that before (I made a search) but only giving ntsc image size templates) and only for graphics
Re: capture Beta Sp as >DvCam
September 04, 2006 09:33AM
Are you talking about the small black lines at either side of the footage - about ten pixels (or so) wide? This is normal, and can't be seen on a regular tv.

If you're going out to the web or any computer application, the lines will be there though, so just zoom the footage slightly until they are offscreen.

If you're talking about large black lines, like pillarboxing, something is wrong in your setup.
Re: capture Beta Sp as >DvCam
September 04, 2006 05:19PM
no that's right just a few black lines on each side

I am just worried because there is either Beta & DvCam footage in the same film, and yes, you won't see the difference on regular Tv but the big video screenings (festivals) are full frame

maybe I will recapture beta edited footage as SD and upgrade the DvCam footage on the SD TL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics