firewire issues

Posted by nick vincent 
firewire issues
September 04, 2006 08:48PM
I realize this is not a FCP question but you guys are always so helpful I thought i just might try!
I was shooting w/ XL1 w/ out tape going directly to a stand alone DVD burner (pioneer dvr 310)
via 4 pin firewire cable, for an instant DVD.I just need to finalize for 1 min. and can give right to client. It was working fine the 1st few 40 min sessions (Horse Drisage) Then I would get a message in my monitor saying 'no dv input' stop recording just a couple of seconds then it would continue for a random amount of time and happen again,..a couple of times it stoped all together and I had to give it a min shut it down . I am monitoing through my dvd deck both vid/audio out so I can see what's going on the DVD.I used a NXG firewire cable one day, the next day I used new cable and a different deck w/ same intermitten prob. Could it be my connector in my cam? Got any thoughts on this?
thanks, nick
Re: firewire issues
September 06, 2006 12:08PM
<<< Could it be my connector in my cam? >>>

Sure. the XL1 has been around for a while and connectors do wear out.

Set up a test where you make a recording and gently wiggle the connectors at each point and see what happens.

It's remotely possible that you have bad media. Can you get a short stack of Sony DVD-Rs? Staples will do it.

Koz
Re: firewire issues
September 06, 2006 10:49PM
Yes I am using sony dvd-R from a stack off 50 from dbl distributing ,AZ, I guess it could be that but rarely do I have probs w/ the dvds. could it be something w/ the camera's speed or bit rate not jiving w/ the dvd player? After a test I did w/ a sony mini dv set up the same way I had no problems so I sent in the camera to Video One Repair in Newbury Park so they could check out the connector, and anything else they might find...Thanks, nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics