FCP 4.0, 4.5 & 5 Tips

Posted by Frank Lozano 
FCP 4.0, 4.5 & 5 Tips
September 11, 2006 01:36PM
Folks,

How can you un-apply or remove transitions to several clips in the timeline all at once?

Using the FCP 3D filter, is there a way to apply the effects from one clip to many clips? Tried favorites and paste attributes with no success.

Thank you.
Re: FCP 4.0, 4.5 & 5 Tips
September 11, 2006 02:01PM
in fcp 5 i have tried several times to apply the same trans to several clips i have also tried to remove trans from several clips. the one thing i have learned is that unless it is a custom trans you built using keyframes you cant.
i have only been able to copy> paste attributes to several clips.

but i am not the brightest star so there maybe something out there i havent discovered. i ask the same question here about 2yrs ago and got not solution.

thats my 2 cents but if you find out how post the solution please.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
September 11, 2006 02:06PM
Hi Frank. Set the transition you want as you defalt transition. Then, in your timeline lasso all the clips you want to use. Place the playhead at the beginning of that sequence. Then drag the sequence to the "Overwrite with Transition" in the canvas.

Hope this helps.

Rob
September 11, 2006 02:12PM
Thank you Rob, that helps.

What's your take on removing transitions and pasteing 3D effects ?
September 11, 2006 02:21PM
Hi Frank. I am not near my computer with FC, so I cannot try this but...try setting your default transition as a 0 frame dissolve. As I said I cannot try this but setting as a 0 or 1 frame dissolve, then do the same proceedure. Let me know if it works.

Rob
September 11, 2006 02:33PM
Rob - I'm not near FCP either, so I'll try tonight (PST).

Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics