Multiclip

Posted by funky 
Multiclip
September 18, 2006 02:48PM
Greetings,
I am editing a 3 camera multiclip? The 3 clips do appear in the Viewer and play in RT all at once. The problem is once I press play in the Canvas only one clip will appear in the Viewer. If I choose a clip that is being played in the Viewer all of the angles stop. Any suggestions on how to have the 3 clips continously play while swithcing from one angle to the other?

I am using FCP 5.1.1 Mac OSX 10.4.7.

Thank you!
Re: Multiclip
September 18, 2006 03:14PM
Do you have "open" selected from the sync play pulldown above the picture on the canvas? It's the middle button between the percentage view and overlay selection.
That takes care of having the viewer play the multi in sync with your timeline.
To select angles while playing you need to use either the keyboard/button layout with "cut to angle X" buttons mapped to your keyboard. Under Tools/button bars there is a preset called Multi-Clip that loads buttons above your timeline.
Judging from other questions posted here about multi-clip editing and not knowing (or judging) anything about your experience with multi-clip cutting you might need to review the "View/Make Active tracks" options and how they affect your workflow.

andrew kines

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
September 18, 2006 11:03PM
piece of advice... create a one-key keyboard shortcut (in my case, i use F1) for open synch. saves a lot of time, effort and mouse mileage : ) trust me, you'll be switching back and fort from open and off.
September 19, 2006 12:28AM
Recently for some reason FCP quit on me and I was forced to remove the user preferences and reinstall the update to 5.0.4 - now I need to edit a multi clip and the video plays via my deck and monitor but not in the canvas or the viewer plus the keyboard short cut "Command + 1" or "Command + 2" wont cut the clip to switch angles. I have been able to reprogram the key board short cut via the Key Board Layout window but this doesn't seem right. If I am not crazy I will be shortly...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics