Top Cat

Samurai Jack

The Jetsons

The Flintstones

Josie & The Pussycats

Magilla Gorilla

Underdog

Felix The Cat

Holy cow...I'm time travellin'...whhooaoaoaaoaoaoaa!

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Re: OT - Favorite TV Show Theme Intro
September 22, 2006 04:44PM
ok, and for the cherry on top of all things theme song:

HONG KONG PHOOEY!!!!!!
September 22, 2006 05:46PM
Yea i know it's a FCP forum. Anyways thanks for the help i'll try that.

Sean
September 22, 2006 06:12PM
OK guys, with this crowd, I am amazed nobody said M*A*S*H*.

I produced the bonus features and cast reunion for the first season DVD of Hill Street Blues. I agree, great theme, very evocative of the era, very classy too.

NYPD Blue, once you get into the synth bed past the pounding drums is awesome. Mike Post, on both of these shows, is genius. We did the documentary on Mike on the Season Two of NYPD Blue DVD.

Twin Peaks, GREAT theme, but then again, Lynch is a musical and sound effects genius. His collaboration with Badalamenti throught his entire ouevere (whoo, $10.00 word!) are amazing.

Just wrapped a short piece on Sean Callery for the upcoming 24: Season 5 DVD, I was able to hang with Sean all day in his studio and shot him scoring a short scene from 24 in five different styles for the cameras. SUPER talented guy, very tasty composer. He scores 45 minutes a week of show on 24 and it's that good.

Great discussion.

Dan
September 22, 2006 06:40PM
Dan Brockett Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I produced the bonus features and cast reunion for
> the first season DVD of Hill Street Blues. I
> agree, great theme, very evocative of the era,
> very classy too.

Hey GREAT job on that. I love cast reunions after so many years of the show. My mom had a crush on Ed Marinaro....
September 23, 2006 06:46AM
"Law & Order" did it for me.

really well cut, i thought.
i could watch it a lot and not get tired of it
(i was watching nightly on cable, not weekly)

the balance of b&w, colour, the use of graphics, the moves, the introduction of the cast.
all really well timed and balanced

nick
September 24, 2006 07:20PM
Hi Darren:

Thank you, that was a fun project. Ed still looks good and is a really nice guy. I liked getting together all of these actors from that many years ago to "relive those fond memories of yesteryear".

I wish I could do more cast reunions but getting all of those actors schedules to mesh to little to no money is one of the biggest challenges about my job.

Best,

Dan
September 25, 2006 06:01PM
For the award: "style for the sake of style", I nominate a new Fox show called, "Standoff". Sin City-esque visuals for a show about hostage negotiations. Interestingly enough, it reminded me of a film called, "Hostage" with Bruce Willis where he played a former hostage negotiator. The opening credits for that film are a lot like the opening credits for this show. Is there some deep meaning I'm missing that is conveyed by this "comic book" style sequence, or is it more "pop will eat itself" mentality of Hollywood. Some exec saw Hostage and said, "hey, I got a show about hostage negotiators. We should make our credits like THAT!!".

Graphically very cool, but....why?

Andy

PS: In the vein of Beverly Hillbillies, remember Greatest American Hero? Theme song and title never left you wondering what the show was about.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics