DVDxDV Pro & Creating DVD without using theme in idvd.

Posted by vg 
vg
DVDxDV Pro & Creating DVD without using theme in idvd.
October 03, 2006 11:05AM
Hi,
I just purchased DVDxDV Pro through LAFCPUG Store. My client has 3 commercials in a DVD and he wants only one of them. So after extracting the desired video to quick time, how can I make a DVD without using any themes in idvd?

Also, is there any archive of know issues that I can go through?

regards,
V.G.
Re: DVDxDV Pro & Creating DVD without using theme in idvd.
October 03, 2006 11:28AM
> how can I make a DVD without using any themes in idvd?

I'm assuming you don't have DVD Studio Pro. There are certain themes in iDVD that are so bare-bones that practically every element can be replaced. For example, the oldest, simplest themes are the ones with a background and a list of buttons, no motion, no fancy drop zones. Replace the background image with your own still image, redo the fonts on the buttons and headings, and you'll have a simple customized menu without any recognizable iDVD elements.

www.derekmok.com
October 03, 2006 11:38AM
We've been known to create a black frame and drop the "animation" into that which produces a filename which can then be renamed to anyting you want.

MY REEL words on a black frame. Click and go.

We spend the first day or so in each iDVD installation turning all the trash off. No, I don't want an animated globe, no I don't want the opening sound....

Koz
October 03, 2006 12:51PM
This is easy to do.

Launch iDVD and go into Graphical View (Map view)

Drag your video onto the first icon, the one with the little blue disc icon "auto play".

Now select the autoplay icon with your video and from the Advanced menu > Loop. (if you want it to loop).

Done.

--ken
October 03, 2006 01:11PM
<<<"auto play". >>>

You could do that. We, on the other hand, think Auto Play is a pain in the butt. There is no way to delay the play until the client is comfortable and ready to watch, and if you wait to put the disk in until later, you're wasting the client's time while it loads.

Don't get me started about playing on a foreign PC in front of an audience.

"Stop it, Stop it. We're not ready yet!!"

Koz
vg
October 05, 2006 06:00PM
Hi All,

Thanks to everyone who responded for my mail. The tips are very useful and TIME SAVING.
Many Thanks to LAFCPUG !

V.G.
Singapore
November 26, 2008 12:32PM
Ken,

Whenever I drop a completed video into the blue auto play box. the DVD burned will auto play but when it comes to the end of the video it will go to the default (intro) outro theme. instead of just stop. (I don't want it to loop)

I can not get rid of the outro and have tried everything!
Am using life08
with all the latest updates.

Thanks for listening.
November 26, 2008 02:29PM
You said "Blue auto play box", are you referring to a 'drop-zone'?

What template are you using?

--ken
November 26, 2008 03:20PM
Yes the dropzone that says "drag content here to automaticaly play when the disc is inserted."

I don't want to use a template but the default is "revolution main"

It does not allow me to ucheck that template. It will only show up though after the video is done playing.

Thanks for looking into this.

Laser
November 26, 2008 04:06PM
I just tested with "revolution main". I dropped a QT self contain ino the drop zone and it works properly. The screen fades up from black and the movie starts playing. At the end the movie loops but does not start with the fade up but after the fade up.

Are you sure your QT is long enough?

After you drop your movie into the drop zone, click on the drop zone and you'll get a 'Movie Start/End' slider to control the movie.

You can also click on the Edit drop zone button bottom center of the Canvas window and also the 'Start stop motion' button.

You don't have to use a template. Start off with any template that does not contain drop-zones, select and delete all items. I tested with the 'Portfolio B&W' template. Then add your own back ground still image. This works but you can not add a drop zone back in.

If you want to build your menus from scratch with your own artwork and drop zones then you'll need to work with DVD SP.

--ken
November 30, 2008 11:18AM
Ken,

Thanks! using the B&W template did the trick!

Best, Laser
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics