Unknown file type when saving?

Posted by Scott Erickson 
Unknown file type when saving?
October 03, 2006 12:10PM
Left FCP on over night for a relatively long render, came in this morning did a few tests, footage looked good, etc ,etc but when i went to save, i get a little window that says unknown file type and i can;t do anything. Everything was on for a while so i know the project files got autosaved but whats going on?

I just restarted the comp and the problem went away but my render files are gone. No biggie, im sure i can get them by opening the autosave vault but just curious as to whats going on with FCP? Is this just a bug? i don;t want to work for an hour and then find i can;t save, you know?
Re: Unknown file type when saving?
November 27, 2006 12:36AM
Scott,

The same thing happened to me. I couldn't save anything in any manor. Finally I exported an EDL as an emergency means of recovery if all was lost at the reboot, but it wasn't necessary. All of the sudden, FCP quit by itself (the usual bug crash). When I launched FCP again, it was all fine and my renders were in place. Hmmm.
Re: Unknown file type when saving?
November 27, 2006 12:56AM
When rendering, not only do render files get saved, but you have to save the project file or it won't "remember" the renders and there's no way to connect to them. That's why when you have a really long render, it's a good idea to cancel the render every 25 to 50 per cent, save the project file, and then restart the render.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics