Batch capture with free run TC

Posted by rhildreth 
Batch capture with free run TC
October 16, 2006 11:19AM
Hello everyone,
I am having some trouble batch capturing some media. I did a multi camera shoot with 3 cameras slaved with free run TC. I captured everything and edited a couple weeks ago and all was great.

last week I had to delete the media and now I am trying to re capture everything with batch. FCP is having trouble cueing up all the individual video clips because no 5 sec of pre-roll (free run) but why/how did it capture the individual clips without 5 seconds of pre-roll in the first place?

Sincerely
Royce
Re: Batch capture with free run TC
October 16, 2006 01:04PM
Are you trying to use the very same tapes you captured from the first time? Unless you have massive timecode breaks - the only clips you should have trouble with is the first clip on the camera that was recorded from TC =00:00:00;00 or thereabouts.

Typically we are talking about a segment of tape that has a continuous clip of captured data. When you are asking about capturing clips, is the clip on the tape a continuous clip or one that shows timecode restarting at 00:00:00;00 many times when viewed in the Log and Capture window?
October 16, 2006 01:10PM
When you captured 3 weeks ago did you "log and capture" or did you do a "capture now"?
Give a detailed explanation of your original workflow and it will make it easier to diagnose your current problem.
October 16, 2006 02:27PM
Hello John and Frank,
Thanks for the quick response. Yes I am using the same tapes and I did a capture now.

The tapes has approx 80 minutes of media on each tape and I stopped the cameras 2 times. For each camera I have 3 clips, Camera #1 tape A, Camera #1 tape A-1, Camera #1 tape A-2. The A-1 and A-2 were generated at the timecode breaks and it seems no 5 sec pre roll was needed (about 3 seconds) however now FCP does not have enough head to preroll and capture A-1 and A-2. Why? It was able to capture them fine the first time.

Thanks Again
Royce
October 17, 2006 02:37AM
The problem lies in your original capture. Because you did a capture now, you were able to do it without the need for a pre-roll. Now you are trying to batch capture from your log and you can't do that without the required pre-roll. This is one of the main reasons why you should always do a log and capture from the start.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics