Alternative to DH Counter?

Posted by CaseyPetersen 
Alternative to DH Counter?
October 27, 2006 12:15PM
Hi Everyone,

Is there an alternative to Digital Heaven's DH counter? I'm looking for a plug in that will put a running clock on the screen. DH Counter will do that, but it won't start at 0:00, it starts at 0 without the added zeros or colon.

Thanks in advance,
Casey
Re: Alternative to DH Counter?
October 27, 2006 12:18PM
Did you watch Digital Heaven's tutorial video? There is an "Include Zero" option built into the generator.

[www.digital-heaven.co.uk]

www.derekmok.com
October 27, 2006 12:27PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

The include zero option is described on the tutorial. It says that it will start the counter at 0 instead of 1.

Casey
October 27, 2006 01:28PM
Oh, okay, you need the zeroes to fill for the minutes. Their zeroes only include the seconds and the milliseconds.

What about just plugging in your own zeroes at the beginning? Match the font and find the first frame where the one disappears?

www.derekmok.com
October 27, 2006 01:50PM
Maybe Martin has an idea. Let me try and get a hold of him.

Michael Horton
-------------------
October 27, 2006 02:09PM
Derek is right, Casey's looking for leading zeroes and colon on the mins:secs option and he's already emailed me about it. Currently DH_Counter doesn't provide this option but it's a great idea for a future release :-)

Martin Baker
Unique plug-ins and tools for Apple Pro Apps
October 27, 2006 02:33PM
Thanks for such quick replies!

Is it possible to take the DH counter and record it by itself, say at 1 hour 00 minutes, and key it over my footage, while cropping off the 1 hour part?

I'm still kind of a newbie to FCP, I've been using it for about 5 months now.

Thanks for all your help so far! This is a great site!

Casey
October 27, 2006 03:09PM
Aha, Casey you've just given me an idea for a sneaky workaround. I think you said you wanted a 45 minute count up:

- Load DH_Counter into the Viewer and set the duration to 2 hours 30 mins
- Create a new sequence (called "Counter sub"winking smiley and edit DH_Counter into it at the full 2hrs 30mins
- Now drag the "Counter Sub" sequence from the Browser into the viewer and mark an in point when the text says "100.00" and an out point at when you want the counter to stop
- Edit from Viewer to your master sequence on desired track
- Select the nested Counter Sub sequence in your timeline, press return to open into the viewer and adjust the Left Cropping to lose the first digit of the counter.

Martin Baker
Unique plug-ins and tools for Apple Pro Apps
October 27, 2006 03:26PM
BRILLIANT!!!

We'll be getting the full version soon, but it works beautifully on the demo!

THANKS!!!
Casey
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics