random flicker external video

Posted by nick vincent 
random flicker external video
October 29, 2006 07:35PM
While I'm in FCP and am just in paused or playing in timeline I get random flicker type through frame like quick left to right pan fast through. I have fcphd 4.5, G5 using XL1 for external dv source. Anyone know what gives w/ this. Thanks, nick
Re: random flicker external video
October 29, 2006 07:41PM
Sounds like you are stopped on a bit of footage with fast movement in it and you are seeing both fields. Try this - find a bit of footage with no movement in it - a static shot of a landscape or something. Park your playhead on this. Is the flicker gone? If so, don't worry about the it - it's normal. If not, come back for more troubleshooting. smiling smiley

October 29, 2006 10:18PM
is the flicker happening on your monitor or in the fcp?
October 30, 2006 12:13AM
It only happens on the monitor.nick
October 30, 2006 12:38AM
So, did you try finding some footage with no movement in it?

October 30, 2006 09:44AM
there is a setting in FCP, i used to have that problem and it used to drive me nuts when the editors in the other bays didn't care when there monitors image was jumpin around.

I'm looking to see if I can remember what it was....
October 30, 2006 10:11AM
Nick

This is normal behavior. You are just caught in between fields as Jude has said. Just ignore it. Doesn't mean your output will look like this or your monitor has gone wacky. Just tis the way it is.

Michael Horton
-------------------
October 30, 2006 11:09AM
Much of the time though, I just make a test DVD w/ my stand alone Pioneer burner and use the external video right off the timeline. Even on a sequence of just jpg w/ keyframes for moves I get the 'flicks' one in 2 min then maybe another min.,30 sec and so on. It doesn't seem to matter what kind of video it is.
I recently have had some firewire problems w/ just my XL1...in the 4 pin connector on cam is the culprit on that I am pretty sure. But it just goes down entirely until I boot it back again...sometimes it just stops for a couple of seconds.
nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics