Compressor seems to be crashing FCP! Help fight those nasty digital demons!

Posted by Marla Mitchnick 
Compressor seems to be crashing FCP! Help fight those nasty digital demons!
November 13, 2006 07:14PM
Dear Pals,

After much preparation, I can't even get Compressor to talk to FCP. I get to the point of setting up the settings and destination and all, and hit submit, and then an error window pops up saying "Error:...failed...can't detect the background data..." Then it quickly becomes apparent that FCP has a spinny pinwheel going round and round...

No prob with Quicktime, only QT actually is not what the client wants, they have some very particular Compression settings they need me to use to get the balance right between qual and file size for web streaming on their site...

I am using a new Mac Pro with the intel processor, at a post facility (where all the tech support disappeared, natch)-on break right now to walk my dog, so I don't know the exact specs but it is as fasaaat as greased lightning. Using FCP 5.1.2...

Any useful knowledge is welcome,

Marla
Re: Compressor seems to be crashing FCP! Help fight those nasty digital demons!
November 14, 2006 07:41PM
This could be a problem with other software running that is competing with Compressor.

[docs.info.apple.com]

See if that helps.

Koz
November 14, 2006 08:05PM
>>they have some very particular Compression settings they need me to use<<

You can set up the target data rates, quality settings and frame rates in the settings section of the H.264 dialogue box out of FCP.

But if you're set on using compressor, go with Koz's link.

November 15, 2006 09:33AM
Ended up using QT, and it worked fine. Time-consuming testing, but good end results. Details are rin my final report of the other thread...

Danke,

Marla
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics