Combining Projects

Posted by J.Corbett 
Combining Projects
November 15, 2006 06:21PM
i have 2 project tabs that make up the 90% data i have in one sequence. i have pulled some screens out of one and some scenes out of one and others scenes out of another. is there a way to combind the 2 without major file chasing coming soon there after.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: Combining Projects
November 16, 2006 03:52PM
i cant seem to find anything in the manual.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
November 17, 2006 02:25PM
I've been doing that also. When I open up FCP both projects open up together. So after a while I got tired of this and I dragged one sequence from one project into the other.

I've done that a few times. I've also dragged most of the clips from one project and saved them in other projects as the movie has more than one version.

It's real messy and I wish I'd followed a clear procedure. As you may imagine I've done all this without studying the manuals :-)

But one time I also created different bins for different versions and this seems to work the best so far, because I can open the bin when I need it and close it (it collapses into one item) and that's not so bad. This way I open only one project and work out of one timeline, instead of two or three. Working with multiple timelines also entails clicking between the different browsers.
November 17, 2006 04:26PM
filman's "real messy" way will result in certain death when archiving.

J.Corbett,

Inside FCP, I would copy all sequences / files & paste them in one single project tab. Then I would select all & use the Media Manager to move scattered files into one project folder.

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics