Quicktime Accident

Posted by Yordi 
Quicktime Accident
November 16, 2006 12:36PM
I was testing things in quicktime pro 7.0. I selected an in and out point on a mov clip. Then i used the command: cut to adjust to selection. Then I saved the clip by accident. I need the rest of the footage that was in the original but i cant get to it. I think its still there beacuse the clip is still 2GB. Is there a way to rescue this footage?
Re: Quicktime Accident
November 16, 2006 05:21PM
Not Edit, Undo?

I don't think the video ever actually goes away from the edit buffer as long as you didn't turn the machine off or close the program.

We had the other problem. It's actually much harder to cut and paste than you think. The missing footage keeps popping up when we don't want it.

Did you try opening up the clip in a second QuickTime?

Koz
November 16, 2006 08:09PM
Sadly, yes I did quit quicktime. I tried opening it with Final Cut and VLC and it shows only part of the original .mov
November 16, 2006 09:03PM
I'm pretty sure that the file is actually unchanged until you choose File > Save As, then select "Save as a self-contained movie".

November 16, 2006 09:05PM
And make sure 'Play selection only' is not checked in the original.

November 17, 2006 09:35AM
Unfortunately - though all data are still in the file when you just did a "save" - you can't make a "trim" undone once you did a "save", except you're a good QT programmer.
Apple should have some of those.
While editing in QT Player Pro you always should work with a copy of the original file and then use either a self-contained or dependent save. Dependent though just works for 3 or 4 levels.

Andreas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics