Fcp can't find file in expected location, WONT accept file where I show it to be.

Posted by DanKuckes 
Fcp can't find file in expected location, WONT accept file where I show it to be.
November 27, 2006 07:43PM
After going from one computer to another, I get the following message:

Can't find file
The file was not in the expected location
/Users/dankuckes/Desktop/KuckesHoldupNov26B
Do you want to Skip, Find or Cancel?

I indicate find, then point it to the place that it is in my drive as: KuckesHoldupNov26B

This is the same file. Fcp doesn't accept it.

I've tried saving it to the desktop, tried saving it as /Users/dankuckes/Desktop/KuckesHoldupNov26B

No good.

Is there a way to re-assign what Fcp is looking for if I know that it's the same thing?
Re: Fcp can't find file in expected location, WONT accept file where I show it to be.
November 27, 2006 07:48PM
What do you get when you try to navigate to the file? Is it greyed out so you can't select it?

What is the file's media type supposed to be -- a video clip, music clip, title? Look at the file in the Finder. How large is it? Look at its file size -- is it as large as its media type should dictate? For example, if it's a five-minute video clip in DV, it should be at least 1GB, so if its size is overly small (eg. 20MB), then what you've probably done is used it as a dependent movie file, and it won't contain the media necessary for FCP to reconnect it.

I would also highly discourage connecting FCP project files to media that's on the desktop. The desktop is not a good place for editing materials. Bad file management.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics