Alternative to FXScript DVE's 'softwipe??

Posted by Ben Ged Low 
Alternative to FXScript DVE's 'softwipe??
December 14, 2006 12:44AM
Just completed a long docu. Have moved from original cutting room. Have to master the show on PowerMac Intel. The original was edited on the last version of FCP before Intel. Everything works fine but the FXScript DVE's 'softwipe' of which there are a fair number in the film. The wipes just don't work, weird and unpredictable.

Can anyone suggest an alternative source for a functional 'soft wipe' that allows a certain amount of control? That works seamlessly with the new Intel FCP, and that I can get immediately?

Thanks, Ben
Re: Alternative to FXScript DVE's 'softwipe??
December 14, 2006 02:04AM
The standard gradient wipe can work nicely - especially if you put a good custom gradient in the image well. Not a million controls, but it does a soft wipe.

December 14, 2006 04:22PM
Jude,

Good suggestion. Dilemma... I need to be able to control where the dissolve\wipe is coming from, top, bottom, side.

The FCP gradient wipe doesn't seem to give this control. Or am I missing something.

Any ideas?

I notice with a lot of the standard wipes the 'soft' selection is not working with the Intel FCP.

Thanks,

Ben
December 14, 2006 05:20PM
The normal Edge Wipe also has controllable softening (the larger the Border value, the softer the edge) and you can control its angle 360 degrees. Any reason you don't want to use it?

www.derekmok.com
December 15, 2006 03:42PM
Thank you Derek,

The normal Edge Wipe is too narrow a line, it LOOKS like a process wipe. The FXScript DVE's 'softwipe' looks like a controlled dissolve, smoother, wider - a melding of two images rather than a 'window opening to a new image'. But it doesn't work with Intel FCP.

I remember Media 100 used to have controllable dissolves that were terrific, you could choose direction and width of dissolve.

I'm wondering if there is a plug-in series out there somewhere that would do this with the Intel FCP. ???
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics