which advanced training dvd?

Posted by standard 
which advanced training dvd?
January 02, 2007 11:05PM
There seem to be a ton of training dvds now. I've just been through a draggy, padded out dvd that took 2 days when it could have been reduced to 2 hours. Could someone recommend something more advanced?
Re: which advanced training dvd?
January 03, 2007 04:29AM
i say just buy a book from a bookstore. you can see it before you buy i t - no surprises
January 03, 2007 09:51AM
It depends on what you need to learn! Most training DVD's begin at dead start to somewhere in the middle of training needed to learn all about FCP.

Have you gone through the tutorials provided with your copy of Final Cut Pro or Studio as it were?

Books are a good but slow way of learning things, in my opinion. They will hand hold you through each and every step of a project until your eyers are tired of focusing back and forth between the book and the monitor.

Ripple Training has some very good tutorials for speciality graphics and such once you learn the basics of FCP, so there are many ways to go to get what you need.
January 03, 2007 09:54AM
Seconded on Ripple Training. Steve Martin is a force of nature, and almost as funny as Steve Martin.

DV Creators carries good stuff too but I have a problem with the custom interfaces and occasional ditzy glitz. Ripple uses classic QuickTime window with dropdown chapters, it's great.

- Loren
Today's FCP 4 / 5 keytip:
Do a virtual Audio Mixdown to lighten playback load with Command-Option-R!

The FCP KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
bj
January 03, 2007 07:51PM
I have been using Lynda.com for my training needs.
BJ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics