FCP and Apple "Inc"'s new wireless transferr

Posted by Neil Lamens 
FCP and Apple "Inc"'s new wireless transferr
January 13, 2007 11:15AM
Hello:

In the future what resolution will we be compressing to in FCP for a computer download to be transferred wireless to our TV sets. Will there be a standard...(can't believe I said that) or a range????

Unless I'm missing something, the download time will be extensive or the picture quality will be poor and therefore why watch on TV??

I'm very curious........to be honest I was wrong about watching a podcast/vodcast, typlical old school,"...too small, poor quality" thought I'd ask this time.

Thank you............Sailho
Re: FCP and Apple "Inc"'s new wireless transferr
January 13, 2007 04:16PM
relating to Apple TV, this is what Apple says:
Video formats supported: H.264 and protected H.264 (from iTunes Store): 640 by 480, 30 fps, LC version of Baseline Profile; 320 by 240, 30 fps, Baseline profile up to Level 1.3; 1280 by 720, 24 fps, Progressive Main Profile. MPEG-4: 640 by 480, 30 fps,

H.264 which looks pretty damn amazing and is very compact, it just takes ages to encode. I play iTunes tv shows through my laptop onto my TV now and they look better than my digital cable so the codec is capable. Im sure there will be a differentiation between downloads for web and downloads for tv eventually. And once everyone gets next-gen broadband im sure it'll all go away...
January 14, 2007 09:26AM
Hi Scott:

Appreciate your response. Give's me some meat to research further. Although I have not used the codec yet I do understanding we have the H.264. At present when you play through your laptop, depending on the show, is each show screen size different.

Funny,........I was early to FCP3 to now, but late to the pod/vodcasting. Want to be open and better prepared for the "next".

Thank you.
January 14, 2007 11:29AM
-edit-
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics