EDL Export, Click "Okay" for Nada

Posted by jmlpost 
EDL Export, Click "Okay" for Nada
January 16, 2007 09:56AM
Oh Great LAFCPUG, I come to thee with a new problem! I'm working with an editor who has been up all night, and at the end he needed to export a simple text EDL of his sequence so he can pull reels for final online. He has selected the video tracks appropriately, selected 'export to EDL', used the default settings, clicks "Okay", asks to save, clicks "Okay" --- and then nothing happens. Nothing at all. No file is generated. Sounds like either we've got a stupid setting set wrong that we've ridiculously overlooked, or we aren't doing something magical correctly. Has anyone had this problem before? Any thoughts? Responses will be treated to generous compliments!

Thank you!!
Re: EDL Export, Click "Okay" for Nada
January 16, 2007 09:58AM
What do you mean by "Default Settings"? And are you looking carefully at where exactly you're saving the file? Did you name the file to something you'll recognize?

www.derekmok.com
January 16, 2007 10:18AM
I recently had an EDL problem similar to what you are experiencing. After a lot of troubleshooting I found that when I removed a freezeframe from the sequence, the EDL exported correctly (minus the freezeframe info, of course.) Give it a try if you've got a FF in there somewhere. Good luck.
January 16, 2007 10:22AM
We had this a while back and while we never figured out EXACTLY what was wrong I tried the other available formats of EDL till one worked and then went back to CMX for the one that I wanted and it worked.
I thought it might have something to do with making EDLs from 23.976fps sequences though.

ak

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
January 16, 2007 10:35AM
when exporting the EDL and the info screen pops up that has the different export options, there are selections that are there as a default, and we didn't change anything. Really all we need out of this is a reel list so we can pull the tapes that we need. CMX 3600, target v track only unchecked, b-reel edits conflicts, file names, master comments 4, all other boxes checked, master start at 01:00:00:00, all audio tracks unchecked, and yes, exported to a clean folder, and then even tried exporting to the x-raid - nada. Weird, eh? Yes, restarted, yes cleared preferences. Any thoughts?
January 16, 2007 02:52PM
Aha, Don't worry jmlpost your not alone we've had the same problem.

Questions: do you have any nested audio in the sequence? if so can you remove it? Have you tried each track individually? Is there one track thats causing the problems?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics