OT - more matrox mxo thoughts...

Posted by wayne granzin 
OT - more matrox mxo thoughts...
January 18, 2007 04:16PM
ok, so im watching the mxo flash demo (which BLOWS by the way!) and it seems like it may have some benefits, but im wondering if any of you have put your hands on it?

it looks like it might be an affordable way to monitor dvcproHD work to a cinema display, dell24, or consumer hdtv, without laying out the bread for an aja or blackmagic setup.

but im wondering:

1. how it offers "hardware accelleration" of fcp work when the only connector is dvi and usb?
2. does it take over your second display for general mac duties?
Re: OT - more matrox mxo thoughts...
January 18, 2007 04:56PM
I will be receiving a revfiew unit next week. I will test it using a ACD against my PVM-14L5, and see what it looks like on my Dell. See if the Matrox guys can get me LUT info for the Dell so I can use it (as I am borrowing the ACD).

I'll be running it thru paces...

And as Michael said, the demo and literature doesn't do it justice. The PM describing it to me is what sold me on it.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
January 18, 2007 05:00PM
i just put in a call to my local vendor to try to get an eval unit as well...
January 19, 2007 07:32AM
I'll tell you why I wanted it, first since I edit on a Macbook when I'm on the road I have no way to properly monitor. This seemed to be perfect for that. Second is I often have to feed a downconverted (HD>SD) package via sat truck or uplink facility and this would allow me to play right out of the timeline. Which could save some potentially valuable time.

I haven't given up on it yet but I'm getting there.
January 20, 2007 11:44AM
don't give up on it Tim
call me in the KL center and I'll help you figure it out
cheers
Andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics