24p editing Question

Posted by elevationpost 
24p editing Question
January 19, 2007 12:01PM
With Sony's new HVR-V1U camcorder Sony mentions that they have yet to announce and edit software that can do the 2:3 pulldown and edit 24p.

Can't FCP handle this already? If so what is the process. I would like to to purchase this camera but I am very new to this and need some clarification. Any website that would explain this proccess would be helpful along with your expertise.

Dave
Re: 24p editing Question
January 19, 2007 12:20PM
You can use Blackmagics Intensity card for this cam and bring in the media via HDMI uncompressed.

[www.decklink.com]

Michael Horton
-------------------
January 19, 2007 12:20PM
Don't quote me but basically, make sure you're capturing using the DV NTSC remove pulldown codec(assuming this camera is DV, I'm not familiar with the sony HVR, if it's not DV ignore everything i'm typing). Or I believe you can also capture normal DV - NTSC and there's a menu command under tools that will remove the pulldown once it's captured.

Then I think make sure your sequence frame rate is 23.98 and you should be editing no problem.

It's very simple, really. In fact, I believe there's an Easy Set Up in the latest version of FCP that will automatically adjust your capture and sequence settings to do this.
January 19, 2007 12:31PM
Does this camera record it to tape at 29.97 fps like others do?
January 19, 2007 12:36PM
Has any one heard any user feedback on this new Sony HVR V1U?

Dave
January 19, 2007 12:38PM
Yes I believe it records in Standard def DVCam and HDV formats

Dave
January 19, 2007 01:25PM
Michael Horton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can use Blackmagics Intensity card for this
> cam and bring in the media via HDMI uncompressed.

Once it's recorded to tape, it's already compressed.
January 19, 2007 02:04PM
Must of been thinking of another cam. The V1U has no HDMI. This worked for Adam Wilt

"I had no problem capturing the V1's 24p as 60i using Final Cut Pro 5.0.4, converting the clip to DVCPRO HD, and then extracting the original 24 frames per second using Cinema Tools. (Cinema Tools refuses to work on raw HDV clips, hence the conversion to DVCPRO HD. I also used Apple Intermediate Codec and uncompressed formats successfully.) The recovered 24p clip showed perfectly even timing between frames with no temporal syncopation: it's really 24p. The shutter speed defaults to 1/48 second, 1/24, and 1/40 (but not 1/32), and higher and lower speeds can be dialed in."

Michael Horton
-------------------
January 19, 2007 02:10PM
Also another simpler workaround in this thred over at dvinfo.net

[www.dvinfo.net]

Michael Horton
-------------------
January 19, 2007 05:51PM
Thanks for the info guys. Great Help.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics