What is my equipment worth?

Posted by Samsquanch 
What is my equipment worth?
January 20, 2007 08:34PM
Hey there, I've been looking for just the right forum to hopefully ask this question. I may be putting up some of my VTR's for sale but really have no idea of their current worth in the market. The prices seem all over the place. I have a DSR-11, DSR-25, and DSR-1500. They were originally bought virtually brand new from my friends entertainment company which is no more. These were just backup units he pretty much never used. I'll take a drum hour count if I can shortly. But over the couple years, i've personally given them quite a work out but they seem as good as day one! The only problem is that the boxes, manuals, and remotes were originally lost somewhere around his shop. But hey what can you do. If anybody has an idea in Canadian or US funds I would love to hear, i'm moving to the world of HDV and would like to purchase a minty new HVR-M25U to go along with my HVR-Z1U
Re: What is my equipment worth?
January 20, 2007 08:37PM
> The only problem is that the boxes, manuals, and remotes were originally lost somewhere
> around his shop.

That might be an issue. I know from owning my DSR-11 that without the remote, you can't get onscreen display, you can't change between DVCam and Mini-DV modes, etc.

DSR-11s are going for $750-1000 on eBay. I don't know what their condition is, though. Make sure you tell your potential buyers about the missing hardware. As long as you're honest about it and leave it to their choice, you're in the clear.

www.derekmok.com
January 20, 2007 09:12PM
Hmm, well i'm wondering of Sony would be willing to send me replacement bits for my VTRs, even if I have to pay an amount I will certainly do so if it increases my resale value smiling smiley I'm hoping I can fetch about $800 for the DSR11, $1700 for the DSR25, and maybe around $3000 for the DSR1500.
January 20, 2007 09:23PM
youre pretty much right at market value with your expectations... the dsr11 may top out at 700 or so w/o the remote. the dsr1500 will depend on what input/output options it has. i sold my 1500 that was fully loaded with every option for $3400 last year.
bj
January 20, 2007 10:44PM
without boxes and manuals deduct $100.Don't know remote value
Bj
January 21, 2007 07:50AM
January 21, 2007 09:10AM
Well time to go hunt down a set of remotes. I can live with spending $100 per remote. Hopefully you'll see some of my stuff up in the buy and sell in the near future. Thanks for all the help guys!
January 21, 2007 09:42AM
Found one for the DSR-11 here...maybe the same site would have the other two models.

[www.remotes.com]

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics