Importing video styles & Issues

Posted by PhillyFilmmaker 
Importing video styles & Issues
January 26, 2007 01:43PM
Hello,

Has anyone ever used the Sony GV-D1000 to import mini dv tapes? I was using it on this one tape and I kept getting errors, so I put the tape back in the XL2 and it's importing fine.

Also, I wanted to know people's different methods of importing video fom mini dv. I usually just import the whole tape, setting in and out then capturing. How much time do you put in to importing??

Right now, most of wht i'm importing are events that were videotaped at work. The editing is as exciting as dry paint sooo, and my brain watching it is fried. Any suggestions on what I can do to make them a little more exciting? If tht's too vague a question foget about it...hahahaha...
Re: Importing video styles & Issues
January 26, 2007 01:59PM
> Has anyone ever used the Sony GV-D1000 to import
> mini dv tapes? I was using it on this one tape and
> I kept getting errors, so I put the tape back in
> the XL2 and it's importing fine.

I do, it works great and I just discovered something about it: it will read and display genuine DV timecode. It won't show you the first digit, which is a little unnerving, but it does read it. Don't know what would be wrong with yours... maybe clean heads?

> Also, I wanted to know people's different methods
> of importing video fom mini dv. I usually just
> import the whole tape, setting in and out then
> capturing. How much time do you put in to
> importing??

I mostly use FireStore so that part is moot, but when capturing from tape I generally bring the whole thing in (logged, not "capture now"winking smiley, do DV Start/Stop, and subclip for months. Haven't had any problems but some people say they do and swear by detailed log and capture.

Doing doc work I literally am subclipping and setting fine points for months. In that context the actual capture method doesn't make any difference.

> Right now, most of wht i'm importing are events
> that were videotaped at work. The editing is as
> exciting as dry paint sooo, and my brain watching
> it is fried. Any suggestions on what I can do to
> make them a little more exciting?

Spike the coffee.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics