Trash Prefs Question

Posted by shelleyrae 
Trash Prefs Question
January 31, 2007 02:45PM
I've noticed that even though I trash my preferences (and empty the trash) FC still remembers my custom window layout settings. Isn't my custom window layout part of preferences?

Another strange thing is that even though I reset my user prefs to "open last project" -- sometimes is does and sometimes it doesn't. And even when it does "open last project" -- it's not always the LAST project I was working on. Sometimes it's the version before.
Re: Trash Prefs Question
January 31, 2007 02:50PM
Window layouts, track layouts, keyboard settings, button bars and a bunch of other things are separate settings from your prefs. They exist as individual files that you can transport from system to system. The prefs you trash are mostly the ones set under "user preferences" and things like favourites.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
January 31, 2007 04:56PM
It's even more complicated.

You can trash or move setups, window layouts, track layouts, keyboard settings, button bars and a bunch of other things and many of those (if not all) will be still stored in the prefs.
To get rid of all of them you have to move or trash all of them.

Regards
Andreas
January 31, 2007 07:23PM
your 2 "custom layouts" are stored in prefs,
but as Andrew points out the saved layouts are separate files.

similar thing goes for keyboard layout.
your keyboard layout WILL be stored in your prefs,
it should ALSO be saved as a separate file, which is what happens when you SAVE your layout.

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics