Capture with audio playback ON

Posted by tduncan 
Capture with audio playback ON
February 08, 2007 10:09AM
Please somebody help me. I asked this before and all I got was "why would you want to do that?"

I used to have it set so I could hear the audio while capturing. After upgrading I cannot find the setting to turn the speaker ON. My AV settings capture preset shows Speaker: off but where can I change that?

thanks,
td
Re: Capture with audio playback ON
February 08, 2007 10:17AM
In the Log and Capture window, go to Clip Settings. Under Audio there should be a button labelled "Preview".

www.derekmok.com
February 08, 2007 10:26AM
tho its not not yet available in the HDV log and capture window ... if you're capturing from hdv you'll have to monitor from the source deck
February 08, 2007 10:30AM
i would always monitor from the source deck anyway -
February 08, 2007 10:37AM
Many people in the forum, myself included, recommend against turning on audio playback via FCP while capturing. It's another thing taxing the system and could result in a higher likelihood of dropped frames, glitches, crashes etc. during capture.

If you have to hear the sound while capturing, plug speakers into your tape deck and listen that way.

www.derekmok.com
February 08, 2007 01:58PM
Thank you, that did it. I knew that it was somewhere less than obvious.

I have never had a problem capturing SD from DSR-11 with audio on before, but once I get my mixer hooked back up I'll monitor off the deck as suggested.

thanks a bunch,
td
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics