Monitor question

Posted by willrho 
Monitor question
February 11, 2007 06:58PM
I would like to upgrade my "old" Apple 17" monitor. While considering the cost of the newer 20" Apple Cinema display, (much cash). I'm thinking of purchasing 2 (two) BenQ 20" monitors for less than the cost on one Apple Cinema Display. Is anyone currently editing with a BenQ monitor? Any advice? Recommendations?

-will
Re: Monitor question
February 11, 2007 08:40PM
monitors are cucial pieces of kit. the cheap route is often the route of dissaster! i have found that 80% of the time if i bought a cheaper brand i ended up not as happy with the quality.

i dont know many specifics about benQ, they MAY be fine (but i doubt it) but i dont know any professionals that use them. go to your local store put them side by side with an apple cinema and see if you can tell the diff.

another thing to consider is that a 20" will not be adequate to view HD...
February 11, 2007 09:13PM
Any experience with Dell monitor's?
February 11, 2007 09:27PM
hell yeah! they are beloved here! many of us on the forum swear by the 24"

best allround monitor out there. BUT - ONLY the "ultrasharp" wide models. most of their other products BLOW for color acurate production work...
February 11, 2007 10:03PM
Wayne,

I've taken your advise and ordered 2 - 2407's. I hope to have them next week

Steve
February 11, 2007 11:40PM
you're gonna be in HEAVEN!!!!
February 13, 2007 04:52PM
Wayne,

I've read that the Apple 30" Cinema Display monitors are good enough to color correct on - that you can set the gama to match an NTSC monitor -- not sure that's true - but what about the Dell Monitors -- for playing back HD material as well SD -- good enough for color correction - or are the monitors not there yet? Thanks Andy
February 13, 2007 05:02PM
Andy...I don't think this is possible. Not thru the DVI connection coming from the computer. Not without the Matrox MXO, and I don't know if they are compatible with the 30" in the way they are with the 23" ACD. I know with the Matrox and ACD 23", you can color correct.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics