Anyone know of a good "smoke" transistion?

Posted by Alex Hanawalt 
Anyone know of a good "smoke" transistion?
February 14, 2007 02:17PM
I'm looking for a good vapor-style smoke transition plugin... Something you wouldn't be surprised to see in a Cheech n' Chong movie... any recommendations?

Alex H.
www.alexishanawalt.com
Re: Anyone know of a good "smoke" transistion?
February 14, 2007 02:30PM
There are no decent "vapor-style smoke transition" plug-ins as far as I know of for FCP...but you can definitely build one in Motion if you have Final Cut Studio with one of the built-in smoke emitters, render it as an Animation codec file with a straight (Unmatted) Alpha Channel, import it into FCP and lay it in the V-track above your transition point.

I also would recommend the Wondertouch Particle Emitters for Motion (337 emitters for $149):

[www.wondertouch.com]

Play with the parameters... have fun grinning smiley

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

tc
February 14, 2007 02:47PM
This might be useful.
Check out these guys:

[www.detonationfilms.com]

They have library footage that you can composite into your piece, dig around a bit on the site- it's pretty neat. They also have commercial stuff available (which I've never used).

tc
February 14, 2007 05:36PM
If you have After Effects it is fairly easy to create such a transition using Trapcode particular.
I can show you how if you explain in more detail what you are after.

Johan Polhem
Motion Graphics
www.johanpolhem.com
February 14, 2007 06:56PM
FYI - Particular does not come with After Effects (separate purchase - $299 plug-in by itself) so if you have After Effects, don't expect to find it in the Effects Palette.

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics