DSP burning question...
February 15, 2007 01:55AM
Does anyone know where the temp folder is for when you select the burn feature? I had 3gig available on my drive before clicking burn and it cancelled due to a "bitrate too high error" and then I only had 2gig available. So where are the temp files stored, so that I can delete them?

Also, what's the difference between choosing burn and build/format? Is there anything other than the convenience of having the Video_Ts folder?
Re: DSP burning question...
February 15, 2007 02:12AM
Build allows you to retain the encoded files for future burns. Burn only makes one disc and then, if I remember correctly, dumps the encoded files. I always stick with Build, then Format.

If you only have 3GB available, chances are your drive is far too low on storage. You shouldn't let any drive connected to the system go over 90 per cent full. Clear out some space, or you could be in for a nasty surprise. Nearly full drives bog down the entire system's performance.

www.derekmok.com
February 15, 2007 04:21PM
Go into Preferences and drop the bit rate to 6.5
February 15, 2007 05:03PM
the burn button will only burn your DVD.

The build/format will place your Video_TS folder in a desired location. The advantage of this is for future burning (drop your video_TS folder into toast) and if you need to make changes to your author you can "reuse" the unchanged portions of your DVD. (makes for a much faster build the second time around.

you can set the encoding folder through the build/format buttons or though you prefs.

J-

If at first you don't succeed, keep ****ing it up 'till it works!
February 15, 2007 07:55PM
The prefs will show you where the temp storage is, as well as for the build folders. Dont forget to empty your trash tho as well.

Changing the bitrate in the prefs doesnt affect anything tho, until you open a new project, as i recall
February 15, 2007 08:35PM
my bitrate was about 6.1 yet i still got that error message. i had to drop down to under 6 for it to work which sucks. i havent had a problem before with the MPEG2 settings I use until now and they havent changed? I use the ones suggested on Ken Stone's website. maybe its just this particular project???
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics