Preview Options - "NONE" !!!????!!!!

Posted by juliag23 
Preview Options - "NONE" !!!????!!!!
February 20, 2007 11:48PM
Hi there -

I saw that someone asked this question before, but the responses he got do not help me so i thought i'd try again.
We have a Power Mac G5 with 2 LCd displays. It does have an AGP graphics card, there is no deck connected to the computer (though there used to be). When I go to choose my video playback options - either in the VIEW menu, or the A/V devices tab of the Audio Video settings window - I am given no options - it just says "none". I don't even get the 4 standard options of Digital Cinema Desktop Preview.
i have no idea why this would be and I am at a loss for how to fix it.
We do not want to use the "work around" of making our own window layout, we want to have our cherished Preview Options!

Help!

Julia
Re: Preview Options - "NONE" !!!????!!!!
February 21, 2007 02:17AM
I beleive that last time the cause was a corrupted install of FCP, and the fix was to reinstall
February 21, 2007 05:03AM
wow, that's extreme.
but i guess it's an extreme situation.

try trashing your prefs first,
read this:
[www.lafcpug.org]

nick
February 21, 2007 10:32AM
Reboot the computer. Sounds like you yanked the deck while FCP was still running. And that's what happens when you do that.

Final Cut Pro should be thought of as more of a "system" than an app. Once you disconnect any of these components while the "system" is running will cause problems like this.

Running a system w/o a dedicated deck and monitor is certainly less than ideal, as you cannot accurately monitor output using computer monitors.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
February 21, 2007 11:28AM
it's missing a codec in the Quicktime library. It's called the DesktopVideoOut.Component. Copy it from another machine if possible, drop it in the System Drive/Library/Quicktime folder. Reboot the Mac and check in FCP. Those options should come back. It happened only once to one machine, but that's how I brought back those options.

-CHL

Chi-Ho Lee
Film & Television Editor
Apple Certified Final Cut Pro Instructor
February 21, 2007 11:40AM
good post
February 21, 2007 11:46AM
thank you all for the suggestions - i'll get back to you with what worked.

julia
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics