sequence un-renders when I toggle btw. vid layers

Posted by edub88 
sequence un-renders when I toggle btw. vid layers
March 06, 2007 07:57PM
I have a problem...maybe somebody can help me out.

Just started a new project. It has already been color corrected and I have been given a QT for all reels to use as a guide.

Now to make changes I need to work off the original EDL so I can match frame and make trims.

I have the Guide video on Video Layer 7 and every time I toggle between Vid layer 7 and 6 everything underneath un-renders.

this is a big project and I cannot afford the time to deal with constantly rendering 15min reels everytime i toggle btw layers.

Does anyone know why this is happening and have any work arounds.

I have already tried exporting it as a QT (since they provided and digitized the media) myself and re-importing it.

Anybody have any suggestions????
Re: sequence un-renders when I toggle btw. vid layers
March 06, 2007 08:47PM
FCP isn't an Avid...that is the first thing you need to know and get used to. I too am annoyed that this happens...but the solution is easy. APPLE-Z. After you toggle a layer off, simple UNDO and it will come back on...rendered.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
March 06, 2007 09:14PM
just for clarity. APPLE-Z is the shortcut for "Undo" (as I'm sure you know) ... so if you toggle off visibility on V7, then make changes to the underlying edit and then hit APPLE-Z, it will be the last edit action that is undone, not the toggle off visibilty action.

you might be better off making V7 a PINP (just use the scale and center properties in the motion tab) so you can see it at all times without needing to toggle off visiblity
March 06, 2007 09:23PM
I appreciate the good ol apple-z, but all this does is re-toggle me back up to the layer I don't want to see.

The problem is I need to work on the layers underneith (since this is where the orginal edit lives).
And use the top layer (old color corrected version) as a guide....so that when the post house goes to re-online it they only have to color time the new pieces.

I was hoping that they could just compare EDL's ...when the re-edit is done, but of course they have to get back to me.

Am I stuck dealing with all the render time? There has to be a way around this.
March 07, 2007 07:08AM
My 02
Load your reference in the viewer and "gang" to the sequence.
Toggle "Q" to bounce back and forth between Viewer and Canvas.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics