wonky framerate conversions

Posted by Gregory O'Toole 
wonky framerate conversions
March 15, 2007 02:56PM
hey everyone!
i am now officially confused. I am trying to use compressor to change the framerate of a number of clips, and am using the animation codec. however, the clips produced have strange framerates of 5.72, no matter what i do. in the "animation" settings i stipulate many different framerates (30, 29.97, etc) and sometime i enable rate conversion, and sometimes not. but no matter what i do, i can get it to come out as a standard framerate that i can edit in fcp. however, when i use the uncompressed 8-bit codec it works fine. what gives?
thanks!
greg
Capturing in PAL, converting to NTSC
March 15, 2007 04:44PM
I have a project that was shot in PAL mini DV, that needs to be edited in FCP and output as Quicktime-NTSC. I have done the conversion but there seems to have been trouble with the frame-rate conversion. I've tried every possible configuration in my Final Cut preferences...is there something I should know besides just changing all the NTSC presets to PAL? I am using a Powermac G5 with FCP HD 4.5.

Also, I'm having considerable trouble just getting the tapes to capture without stopping. FCP seems to be having trouble reading the tapes, although other editors have worked on this project previously, without problems. Any suggestions?
PfA
Re: wonky framerate conversions
March 16, 2007 08:32AM
The current version (5.1.x) includes new pre-sets in compressor for standards conversion (NTSC to PAL, for example). They work beautifully.

-PfA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics