Frame rate and shooting HD.

Posted by Phil 
Frame rate and shooting HD.
March 27, 2007 06:03AM
In the UK, HD shooting is still in the dark ages compared to the US. I know this is slightly unrelated to FCP but most of the people I've spoken on this phorum who work with HD are American...so....We have been told there is a certain Panasonic camera that shoots at 60 fps then translates to 25 pal when digitized into a computer...news to me but that's what we've been told...we wish to shoot at 35 fps as you would on film to create a slow motion effect. A digi slate is to be used and we were wondering how shooting at 60 fps etc relates to the timecode on the digi slate which in this country kicks in at 10:00:00:00. Hope this makes sense. Thanks. Phil
Re: Frame rate and shooting HD.
March 27, 2007 04:18PM
You want to read up on the VariCam from Panansonic which is proably what you are thinking. And you don't want to shot at 35fps. 35 is the width of film.

lots of good info over at the Creative Cow forum on the Varicam

Michael Horton
-------------------
Re: Frame rate and shooting HD.
March 28, 2007 11:19AM
Phil,

And please don't think that HD is way too far ahead in the US, because it ain't. Still lots of misunderstanding about formats (p and i) and when to use 1080 or 720 and 24p/ 24pa/ 24pn - HUH?

I do think that Panasonic is the company closest to having it together, though.

It is truly a MESS!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics