Strange Bruce the Wonder Yak mention...

Posted by Andy Neil 
Strange Bruce the Wonder Yak mention...
March 28, 2007 10:57AM
I'll admit, in about 8 years of editing in FCP, I've never seen Bruce. However, an assignment editor at my job sent me a link to a page with some strange stream of conscience text that's written into the resource file of Final Cut. It's not a hint or way of finding Bruce, probably some programmer or several programmers hopped up on too much caffeine, maybe on a deadline.

[ultimind.net]

The last line though, claims to be that of Bruce the Wonder Yak. Is this the ramblings of a mad ox? Or perhaps the lost lyrics to a ballad (think "Knights in White Satin"winking smiley. Perhaps someone with Bruce experience can enlighten me.

Andy
Re: Strange Bruce the Wonder Yak mention...
March 28, 2007 11:15AM
These are what Bruce says while feeding on the timeline. They are the ramblings of mad Apple engineers

Michael Horton
-------------------
March 28, 2007 12:43PM
This made the front page of digg.com yesterday. Apparently Bruce has retained a publicist.

Funny, I always thought he was more of a shy Yak.

-MW
March 28, 2007 12:58PM
Actually Bruce's ramblings have been available on the web for years. Some fellow from China or Japan, (can't remember) printed them up and posted them. Only recently did someone actually dig through the code and posted what you see now.

As far as I know there has been no additions to his ramblings since version 1. Not sure there.

Bruce came about as a result of the frustration of getting FCP shipped. It was years in the making beginning with its genesis at Macromedia then moving onto Apple.

If you want to read a nice history on FCP, read this. Talks briefly about Bruce.

[www.roughlydrafted.com]

Bit lengthy but fun

Michael Horton
-------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics