weird codec ??

Posted by Denny Rambo 
weird codec ??
March 28, 2007 02:37PM
Apple ProIO vout ARGB imdc - I looked in the info window of Quicktime at some clips somebody gave me and it said for "Format" None,720x486 (648 x 486), Millions.

In the properties window it listed this "Apple ProIO vout ARGB imdc" for the video codec.

Where does this codec come from ? Is it in the FCP export list, is it proprietary to some piece of hardware and why would the info window say "none".
Never seen this.
Re: weird codec ??
March 28, 2007 04:06PM
Let's see:

Apple Pro IO? Maybe captured via BNC input or Firewire? Or with an older iMac DV's video-in?
"None" is Apple's uncompressed 8-Bit codec. ARGB is the usual RGB + Alpha.

somehow I doubt this was very helpful.

--
Grand Fromage of Cinelooks
[blog.cinelooks.com] - more riveting than a blank page.
March 28, 2007 04:30PM
Never heard of this. In fact I googled it. Nothing came up. Which means you are the first person on earth to put this out there for all search engines to link back too. Congratulations.

smiling smiley

Course that doesn't solve this.

Michael Horton
-------------------
March 28, 2007 05:19PM
check this out:

[www.apple.com]

you will notice that it refers to a capture card....

never seen this myself but i guess it exist.

If at first you don't succeed, keep ****ing it up 'till it works!
March 28, 2007 05:28PM
Time for the phone call.

Koz
PfA
March 30, 2007 09:00AM
Where'd you get this file from? Sounds like a corrupt QT file.

As you see in the whitepaper link somebody posted above, there's a reference to Apple ProIO compatible firewire devices and cards. These aren't cards and devices from Apple. It is a reference to the API our developers (like BlackMagic and AJA) use when building drivers that are compatible with Final Cut Studio.

vout is the standard term for a video output device. ARGB is alpha, red, green, blue.

It's odd for a QT file to display this data so my only guess is that it's a corrupt file.

-Paul from Apple
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics