Motion to FCP Rendering

Posted by lhdor12 
Motion to FCP Rendering
April 11, 2007 07:10AM
Hello All,

I have a rendering question.
When I make a project in Motion, save it, then go to FCP and import the saved Motion project, I have to render it in the timeline. I did read Jude Cotter?s piece in FAQ on rendering. I understand setting the timeline to match your footage, but what would you set your timeline for Motion project? I don?t have to render when I import a LiveType project. I apologize if it was mentioned in the ?Understanding Real-Time And Rendering in FCP 4? article and I over looked it.

I have FCP 5.1.4, Motion 2.1.2, Mac OS X 10.4.9, Memory 6GB

Thanks in advance.

(ps. When I clicked the proapptips.com link page in FAQ it would not display)
Re: Motion to FCP Rendering
April 11, 2007 10:37AM
What you are talking about is pulling in a Motion PROJECT which you'll always have to render. If you export a movie from Motion then you won't have to render (provided the properties of the Motion movie match those in your sequence).

The difference is that if you use a Motion project you can reenter the project in Motion, make changes and then those changes will be reflected in your FCP project without you having to re-import and edit. You will have to re-render however.

An exported movie from Motion is just like any other video clip, so if you had to make changes, you'd have to export out another movie and reimport and edit it into the timeline.

Bottom line, if you are finished with Motion, export a movie. If you might make changes, use the project.

Andy
Re: Motion to FCP Rendering
April 12, 2007 07:34AM
That make sense. Thank you Andy, for taking the time to read and respond to my question.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics