where to buy in LA

Posted by amanda_toes 
where to buy in LA
April 12, 2007 08:03PM
Hey all,
I want to upgrade my 7 year old G4 to a G5. Any recommendations of where to trade in old computers and buy new or used Macs in LA?

Also, does FCP 3 work with iDVD?

Finally, recommendations for printers that will print on DVD's and best ways to make 2 or 3 DVD dupes of a FCP movie? (duplicator? or can you copy a finished DVD with the G5?)

Thanks
-Amanda
Re: where to buy in LA
April 12, 2007 08:48PM
Well, there's always the apple store!

mark
Re: where to buy in LA
April 14, 2007 06:13PM
I got good and good price from Mac Hollywood.

After checking prices at the Apple Store and other stores it was apparent that they were all priced pretty much the same. There are significant price differences for peripherals between Apple On-line and every one else but when I asked about up-grading with after marekt products the fine folks at the Apple store told me it would voind the warranty.

Needless to say there was no way I was paying the over inflated RAM and hard drive prices Apple was charging. I took my shopping list with all the pricing from web retailers and showed ot to Bryan at Mac Hollywood and he pretty much matched the prices for everything with certified Apple peripherals.

Regarding a printer that will print directly on CD/DVD's O have the Epson R220 and it works well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics