Back Light Mess Up

Posted by Rudy 
Back Light Mess Up
April 25, 2007 02:44PM
Photographer at my shop added a purple gel to the back light of the subject. Obviously it dosen't look to good. Is there a way I can manipuilate the shot to make it look semi normal on FCP 5
Re: Back Light Mess Up
April 25, 2007 03:29PM
Three fuzzy useless ideas:

The backlight is supposed to be the hottest light on a portrait. If that's the case, it might be possible to use a manipulation tool like Photoshop Curves to create a picture those extreme highlights are slightly green, thus cancelling out the purple. That would be a custom gamma tool.

There are tools that can be made to recognize one color and put another color in its place. In Photoshop, it's called "Repace Color."

This may look funny, but set up a chroma key and use that purple as the key color. That will create a "hole" where the purple is. use the same video but in black and white as the third key signal. The upshot is a picture with black and white highlights instead of purple. Might work.

Koz
April 25, 2007 04:59PM
Maybe try using Color Corrector and its Limit Effect parameters to desaturate or overexpose the purple so that it becomes white.

www.derekmok.com
April 26, 2007 06:47AM
"The backlight is supposed to be the hottest light on a portrait."

Should read:

"The 1987 photographer's handbook from Sear's Portrait Studio, amendment 17, paragraph 2 states:
'In a top quality Sears portrait, the backlight shall be the hottest light, particularly when photographing clients wearing the 'mullet' hairstyle ...'"

rjd
April 26, 2007 11:19AM
Sassy!
April 26, 2007 03:52PM
<<<clients wearing the 'mullet' hairstyle ...'" >>>

I stand corrected.

Koz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics