Up-Res Issues

Posted by Kevin Monahan 
Up-Res Issues
May 02, 2007 01:28PM
Had some issues with up-res the other day. Appears that my "Create Offline" had issues with handles. In some cases, the transitions were way too short. In another case, it threw a clip out of synch by a few frames.

When you recapture a sequence with transitions, you shouldn't need to add more handles, as I understand it.

I'm willing to cop to operator error here, but I think that the heart of the issue is using non-drop frame source media in a drop frame sequence as I recall an error dialog that I clicked through that warned me of this.

Any ideas? Previous experiences?

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
Re: Up-Res Issues
May 02, 2007 02:55PM
I've had past issues uprezzing but they go back a couple editions, involving 23.98 to 29.97. Recently everything is DV or DVCPro online so no issues.

Perhaps you generate a nondropframe mini-sequence and try uprezzing a trouble section to that? Might confirm your theory.

- Loren
Today's FCP 4 / 5 keytip:
Preview unrendered effects with Option-P or Option-Backslash!

The FCP KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
May 02, 2007 04:36PM
This was DV to SD 10 bit. I did get a warning dialog regarding using NDF in a DF Sequence. No one's ever seen this?

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
May 02, 2007 09:57PM
Kevin,

Sounds like you have a timecode issue.

FYI, we hand check and correct every sequence that we up res. Depending on the show, anywhere from 5 -25% of the shots need a "bump". We redigitize with "handles" specifically for this purpose.

Mark
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics