VARIABLE SPEED RAMPING IN FCP5HD

Posted by rob.furman 
VARIABLE SPEED RAMPING IN FCP5HD
May 02, 2007 04:36PM
HELLO,

I have searched the old threads but couldnt find an answer. I am needing to find out how variable speed ramping can be done in FCP5HD? I have in the past cut clips, assigned speed changes to each, but I want the action in a clip to be FLUID >slowing down gradually, stopping, and then ramping up to a faster speed. Can that be done without some expensive third party software?

Thanks in advance
Rob
Re: VARIABLE SPEED RAMPING IN FCP5HD
May 02, 2007 04:41PM
there is a 3rd party app/plugin called twixtor or twixter or something like that. it does an AMAZING job from the footage ive seen. fairly pricey if i recall. like $500 - $700 or so...
May 02, 2007 04:56PM
Yes, see p315 in the manual.

Martin Baker
[www.digital-heaven.co.uk]
Unique plug-ins and tools for Apple Pro Apps
May 02, 2007 06:07PM
keyframing with time remap in viewer or timeline....I generally make a sub-clip that I'm going to do variable speed changing so that the master clip is unaffected.....it takes some getting used to...keyframes can be moved around, control clicking will give the option of "smooth" and with the Bezier handles, you can further modify.

If you search "time remap" you'll get alot of postings. I think Jude Cotter had a tutorial, Larry Jordan had one.

Cameron Young
May 02, 2007 08:57PM
Twixtor is outstanding - FCP 5.0's speed ramp is not

FCP 6 may have an improvement with it's optical flow plug in that is supposed to smooth out the shakes in shaky cam shots - and I've read - in Motion - offer smoother time remapping speed ramps.

Boris Red has a very nice Optical Flow filter as well as in their BCC filters as a plug in for FCP

After Effects also has a smoother time remapping filter that I think (like twixter and BCC) creates new frames and pixels to give it that speed up slow down car commercial look Andy
May 02, 2007 11:31PM
thanks guys, everyone has been incredibly helpful. now i just need some bucks to get my Twixtor plugin and I'll be cool too.

ciao,
rob
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics