I got a notice this morning that FCS2 is delayed until June 15+

Posted by Nick Baer 
I got a notice this morning that FCS2 is delayed until June 15+
May 16, 2007 01:07PM
First it was Leopard delayed until Summer or Fall.

Now FCS2 delayed at least a month...

Wonder what about the iPhone I have my hopes on for June??

Drat - I spent the last two weeks preparing for FCS2, catching up on LiveType expansion packs, Aperture and some new slideshow animators - even went to Big Box last weekend and got a SONY 5.1 surround sound system for $200.

I'm usually not the kind of guy who needs or wants to be first in line for anything, BUT having acquired a SONY HDV cam and so enjoying shooting with it, and having fun working with the HDV format, I was looking forward to better FCP support.

Apple is now 2 for 3 being late bringing promised new technology to the market. Maybe less money spent on the cute I'm A Mac commercials and more expertise on the upgrades?
Re: I got a notice this morning that FCS2 is delayed until June 15+
May 16, 2007 01:32PM
Sadly, Pro Apps is pithy revenue compared to the $$$ the "I'm a Mac" commercials are bringing.

So don't hold your breath.

Chi-Ho Lee
Film & Television Editor
Apple Certified Final Cut Pro Instructor
May 16, 2007 01:39PM

having fun working with the HDV format

Not to start up the hornet's nest but I'm glad someone is tongue sticking out smiley

Yeah it sucks

So I've just booked a holiday til mid June to take my mind off not getting FCS2 grinning smiley

Ben

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
May 16, 2007 01:53PM
I've been really looking forward to it too - but for what I am doing, 5.1.2 is working just fine for now. Can't wait for the sound stuff and the color stuff though... Hope you are going somewhere fab, Ben! Wish I could use that excuse for a holiday!

By the way, as far as I know (and that may not be much!) pithy does not mean"pitiful," but more like, rich and meaty...of substance...

OK, I gave in to temptation and looked it up:

Main Entry: pithy
Pronunciation: 'pi-thE
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): pith·i·er; -est
1 : consisting of or abounding in pith
2 : having substance and point : tersely cogent
synonym see CONCISE
- pith·i·ly /'pi-th&-lE/ adverb
- pith·i·ness /'pi-thE-n&s/ noun

Marla
May 16, 2007 02:13PM
Ha! I stand corrected. I was using pithy as in concise=short=small. But I guess that is not the correct corollary.

updated:

Sadly, Pro Apps is "minuscule" revenue compared to the $$$ the "I'm a Mac" commercials are bringing.

: )

Chi-Ho Lee
Film & Television Editor
May 16, 2007 02:20PM
pith

To destroy the brain of an animal (such as a frog or turtle) to render it unconscious prior to vivisection.

or

Pith is a light substance that is found in vascular plants. It consists of soft, spongy parenchyma cells, and is located in the center of the stem. It is encircled by a ring of xylem (woody tissue), and outside that, a ring of phloem (bark tissue). In most plants the pith is solid, but some plants, e.g. grasses and umbellifers, the pith has a hollow centre forming a hollow tube except at the points where leaves are produced, where there is a solid plate across the stem. A few plants, e.g. walnut, have distinctive chambered pith with numerous short cavities in the pith.
The pith varies in diameter from about 0.5 mm to 6-8 mm in solid pith, and up to 150 mm or more in the stems of some plants with hollow pith, e.g. some bamboos. Freshly grown pith in young new shoots is typically white or pale brown, commonly darkening with age. In woody plants (trees, shrubs), the pith becomes surrounded by successive annual layers of wood; it may be very inconspicuous but is always present at the centre of a trunk or branch.
The cells in the peripheral parts of the pith may in some plants (e.g. Hedera helix) develop to be different from cells in the rest of the pith. This layer of cells is then called the perimedullary region of the pith.

The pith of the sola or other similar plants is used to make the pith helmet [1].

The pith of some plants, as sago, is edible to humans.

Pith can become electrically charged through static electricity.

Roll on dem tree battery aiiiiii!

Ben

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
May 16, 2007 02:42PM
Hmmmm...perhaps we ought to start a grammar and linguistics forum. Call it "Pith." I like it.

smiling smiley

FWIW, lafcpug will show STP2 at the May 23 meeting despite the fact FCS2 will not have shipped by then. If you havent seen it, it is quite remarkable. Nothing like STP1. And it speaks SAN.

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 16, 2007 02:45PM
Did you get the notice from Apple? Or someplace else?

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 16, 2007 03:01PM
so bill oriely is wrong for the 1st time? wow

pithy: short consice, meaty, forceful effective statement

i am not too said about the fcps2. 5.1.2 is the smoothest fcp i have ran. sure the color and motion3 attributes are quite sexy but i am glad that they are taking thier time.

sorta a lesson learned with the purchase of my g5. i got one of the first ones (1.8dual) and thought it was great 6 months latter they started selling them with upgrades to the v-card and drive space for less money.
even the final cut 4.5 bit me in da ash not even 8months passed b4 fcp5. i think that apple apps come a bit fast in the fcp world. then they have you buying upgrades because they are too greedy to just give it to you free in within a certain purchase range.

and where is leapord now????? ( insert drummer rift here )

an orange a day will keep the apple upgrades away.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
May 16, 2007 03:14PM
Bill O'Reilly???

Chi-Ho Lee
Film & Television Editor
May 16, 2007 03:14PM
Doeth'nt matter... It'th thtill pithy revenue.

Travis
VoiceOver Guy and Entertainment Technology Enthusiast
[www.VOTalent.com]
May 16, 2007 03:20PM
well, now im just all pithed off!
May 16, 2007 03:29PM
I got the notice from Amazon.com. Apple's site this morning says "Ships: 2-3 weeks". I can still cancel there if LAFCPUG Store gets from different source etc.

I think if Apple is delaying it, LAFCPUG should delay showing it.

One of my favorite Johnny Carson jokes was (In kind of a British accent):
"Archeological expedition to the Great Pyramids of Egypt. Bus stops and tour leader stands up and says: "OK, Men, Piths Off!".

On NBC in the 1960s no less! Ed almost blew a hernia.
May 16, 2007 03:30PM
This info is different than the info at the Cow:

[forums.creativecow.net]
May 16, 2007 03:54PM
OK, gotta do this......

"pith off"
May 16, 2007 04:02PM
Hey Ben...

I notice you take a lot of Holidays...things slow over by you?? winking smiley

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

May 16, 2007 04:20PM
Hang inth there. lafcpug needths the commission.

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 16, 2007 04:23PM
I wish Apple would skip the glossy paper manuals, and just get us the software the PDFs.

Speaking of books, I actually bought one the other day - first in a couple of years! One of the Santa Monica Press books that review an anthology of studio films, and for each title, include historic and current photos of the exterior scenes used in the film!

This one was the Charlie Chaplin anthology... all of his films in chronological order, with pics of which of his studios at the time where that film was made, and maps and pics of the locations of the exteriors used. Sometimes the pics are wider views than that in the film, or modern pics showing what building is there today.

As a kid in Minnesota, during the Winter the school would run movies during noon hour - Hollywood shorts from Mack Sennet and Hal Roach, etc. One day was WC Fields' "Road Hogs". So after I got that history book about Chaplin, I found the video of "If I Had A Million: "Road Hogs" to see if I recognize street signs. It was produced by Paramount, but I want to see if I can pick out street signs to see if they shot it over there, or Culver City or where!
May 16, 2007 07:38PM

notice you take a lot of Holidays...things slow over by you??

Hell no - I've worked 14 to 16 hours everyday for the last 3 weeks to cover 2 overlapping TV projects, 2 corporates, 3 websites, 2 logo designs, 1 advert design and people are still trying to book me!

I'm finishing up a BBC pilot for BBC3 and BBC Internet over the next two weeks then going to drive to Paris then Spain with the girlfirend (all going well) for the [www.primaverasound.com]

I need a break before I do!

Ben

May 16, 2007 07:41PM
I hear you, brutha. I hear you grinning smiley

Enjoy - Safe Trip!!

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

May 16, 2007 07:43PM
Those pilots beter not be more Brit reality shows that will find there way over here. Please Ben don't do them.

smiling smiley

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 16, 2007 07:44PM
Oh yeah and 3 DVD Authoring projects, some technical consultancy, FCP/DVDSP training for BBC, Grades for a short Horror Film, a music video and a showreel, a music video treatment, my Tax return, not forgetting upkeep of personal hygiene, feeding myself, remembering to invoice clients and fitting in time to check my mail on World of Warcraft...

and if I'm/she's lucky... see the girlfriend tongue sticking out smiley

I might fit in sleep somewhere but we'll have to see!

Ben

May 16, 2007 07:52PM

Those pilots beter not be more Brit reality shows that will find there way over here.

Hehehe - its a mixed format ObDoc/X-Factor bitesize 'vote-for-me-to-keep-me-in' project - less reality TV and more geared towards the personality and talent with constructive prizes rather than big show/odd forced situation/money.

Expect it to grace your screens with the American big show/odd forced situation/money twist added sometime in the near future winking smiley

Ben

May 16, 2007 08:00PM
Expect it to grace your screens with the American big show/odd forced situation/money twist added sometime in the near future

Yeah. What you said.

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 16, 2007 08:12PM
Come on Guys.... quit Pith'ing and moaning ..........

I'm 74 years old.... how da heck long do you think I've been waiting for it!!

Ok, no puns on "it"..... ;-)

Regards, Cyrus
iMac 27" Intel i7 Quad-Core; 16GB RAM; 2TB HD
Final Cut Studio, FCP X, Photoshop CS5, After Effects, etc.
May 16, 2007 08:53PM
Ok, no puns on "it"..... ;-)

Ok I won't mention Strawberries or what they are carried in... winking smiley

May 17, 2007 07:53PM
You make me feel so young Cyrus. I've a tad over 3 yrs. to go before I make it into the 7th decade.

Looking forward to the mental challenge of digesting all the new data in the Studio 2 upgrade. Hope there are hard copy manuals of Motion 3 & Soundtrack Pro 2 manuals. I like to mark them up extensively & take them with me to read on the bus , in coffee shops etc.

Dave
May 18, 2007 12:47AM
Geez on Tuesday in Hollywood Apple was pretty dang sure it was coming out in the next 2 weeks. I't has to be send to print by now if it's to be shipped by end of month. It was a big event I went to as well.
Just saw this
Buy New
Ships: 3-5 business days $1,299.00
Free Shipping

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics