Hebrew characters

Posted by jsztabzyb 
Hebrew characters
May 17, 2007 09:22AM
BH
I know how to make titles in FCP, but this time I need to make it in a different language (Habrew) how do I do that?
Re: Hebrew characters
May 17, 2007 09:55AM
? Open International in system preferences

? Select Keyboard viewer

? Select Hebrew (or other languages)

? Go into the flag top right - select show Keyboard viewer

? Open FCP

? Open the text

? Go into the flag top right - select Hebrew

? Use the Keyboard viewer to input the required letters

Alt and shift and command keys also let you access the other characters in the pallette on the Keyboard viewer if you cannot see the one you need.

Ben

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
May 17, 2007 10:02AM
> I know how to make titles in FCP, but this time I need to make it in a different language
> (Hebrew) how do I do that?'

Whoa. That's definitely not a question you see every day.

I don't work in Hebrew, but I work in Chinese very frequently and there are always these components:

1. Do you know how to type in Hebrew? There must be a typing system (I think "input method" is the official term) of some sort, like Cangjie, Pinyin and EasyTen in Chinese.

2. Is your computer equipped with Hebrew fonts? Are they accessible in Final Cut Pro's text options? Some fonts cannot be used in FCP even though they're fine anywhere else -- for example, one of my favourite script fonts, dearJoe!, which throws Boris Title 3D in for a loop.

3. You'll also have to make sure you have the necessary options turned on in System Preferences - International.

4. If you don't type Hebrew, I suppose it might be possible to try to use Character Palette to input the characters one at a time. But I can say that even with complete knowledge on how to read and write Chinese, and grammatical and typographical knowledge, this has not been a practical option for me because of how complicated non-alphabet-based languages are.

If you have all these issues covered, then it's just a matter of calling up Boris Title 3D or Text and typing this stuff in. I've also found it much more convenient to do this typing (in my case, have a trained Chinese typist do it) in an application like Microsoft Word first. Word processors are much more convenient with typing foreign languages.

In my case, I also have a weird bug where copying and pasting Chinese characters typed in Word would not work in Boris Title 3D even if both have the same Chinese font selected. I have to copy the text in Word, paste into a Photoshop document with a Text layer that's got the same font chosen, and then paste into Boris Title 3D. I'd love to know the why behind that one.

www.derekmok.com
May 17, 2007 10:13AM
BH
Thx so much! ??????????
May 17, 2007 10:15AM
BH
Thx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics