FCP 5.1 Audio Issues

Posted by photogchick949 
FCP 5.1 Audio Issues
May 18, 2007 02:21PM
I am running, FCP 5.1.4 on a PowerBook G4 version 10.4.9, with 2 GB of RAM, 1.67 GHz

When I try and bring in video/audio from my deck, (I've tried this on three different decks, i.e. Sony M10U, M25U & AJ-HD1400P) my audio stutters.

When I have my digitize widow open & the tape plays it will stutter in various places. It's never the same place. Does the same thing when I actually capture it. The tape IS clean & plays fine. Only problem is when I try bring it into my FCP. I have no idea what the problem is. I've even brought my computer into the Mac Genius' to see if they've ever had this problem before and of coarse they haven't. So please let me know if you have experienced the same problem.

I should also state that I have thrown out my preferences & it has still happens. I've even reinstalled FCP & I'm still having the same darn issue.

Please help.
Thank you.

P.S. I do have a .wmv on hand if you need to actually hear/see what is happening.
Re: FCP 5.1 Audio Issues
May 18, 2007 02:47PM
Is this a stutter (dup-dup-dup) or a dropout (dup- -dup) ?

See if it goes away when you turn off External Video (Command-F12). otherwise, it sound slike a mechanical issue, like dirty rollers in the deck. Might be ready for some basic maintenance.

- Loren
Today's FCP 4 / 5 keytip:
Fast scan your clips or timeline with Control-F12 !
Go slower with lower F keys.
Go reverse with F6 down to F2

The FCP KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available atKeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
May 19, 2007 12:05AM
A friend of mine had this problem and traced it to upgrading to 10.4.9. Once she removed it and went back to 10.4.8 everything worked fine.
May 19, 2007 11:33PM
I get audio dropout even under 10.4.8, but I describe it as a FireWire communications bug.

- Loren
Today's FCP 4 / 5 keytip:
Fast scan your clips or timeline with Control-F12 !
Go slower with lower F keys.
Go reverse with F6 down to F2

The FCP KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
May 21, 2007 11:14AM
I will try restoring my computer to 10.4.8 & see if that works.

I know it's not the heads on my deck, because they are clean. Also, because I'm getting this issue on 3 different decks & with different firewire.

Thanks for your help on this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics