Training DVD's

Posted by NYDanny 
Training DVD's
May 22, 2007 05:46PM
Hello All,

"I just updated to FCP studio, (From FCP 3)
you have a lot of choices for training DVD's,

what would the experts recommend.?

I'm OK so far with FCP 5,
I need help with DVDSP4, Motion 2 the most
& Live Type also"

Thanks
Danny
Re: Training DVD's
May 22, 2007 06:30PM
Hi Danny,

I think that the tutorials at Ripple Training are excellent.

[www.rippletraining.com]

--ken
May 22, 2007 06:45PM
The lafcpug Store is filled with great training DVDs. And you support lafcpug when you purchase from the lafcpug Store.

[www.lafcpug.org]

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 22, 2007 08:20PM
What kind of work are you doing more of, or more likely to do more of? If you do a lot of DVD burning, then go for DVD SP, if it's compositing, Motion. Personally I wouldn't bother wth Livetype because it's very easy to pick up and Motion covers a lot of what it can do.

May 23, 2007 01:32AM
Well, I gotta do the right thing and speak up for the Online Training Library at Lynda.com

Venerable pro Larry Jordan guides you through most of the studio apps as well as giving you access to a large array of other training programs for a monthly fee. Plus you get access that day, no waiting around for the DVDs in the mail(tho you can still order the DVDs as well)...
May 23, 2007 02:01AM
My votes:
Larry Jordan, Ripple Training, tops. Also material from Intleligent Assistance.

- Loren
Today's FCP 4 / 5 keytip:
Fast scan your clips or timeline with Control-F12 !
Go slower with lower F keys.
Go reverse with F6 down to F2

The FCP KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
May 23, 2007 11:50PM
Lynda.com is great. I use it almost daily for a ton of applications.

Its to bad they don't have training for Motion 3 yet...
September 20, 2007 01:13AM
VTC.com has tons of tutorials for apps and even programming languages. Some of them were made long ago and the quality is not that great, but it works for me. Lynda.com is great in general; however the final cut studio series by larry jordan, i am not really a big fan of. I have to point out that the FCP titles at lynda.com have pretty good materials; however the pace is a little slow, and going along with it feels like sitting in a big lecture hall - boring, falling asleep. All the good stuff/tricks, you have to pay close attention to get it. Me, i got pissed off listening to all the bad jokes. Maybe it's just me, cause i don't see people complaining about it.

If you already got the basics done for motion, i strongly recommand motionsmarts.com. It will let you understand many basic principles that will make your motion runs faster and smoother.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics