Title 3D and on screen positioning

Posted by Mike Watson 
Title 3D and on screen positioning
May 24, 2007 12:25PM
Hi,

I'm making a template for several editors to use for simple :05 and :10 spots. There is text in these spots that needs to be changed at each iteration, but stay right justified in the same place.

I open title 3d, type in some dummy text, right justify it, save it, position it (either by Title 3D's positioning or basic motion)... and when I change the length of the text... it is no longer in the same place. It seems to want to center it, no matter what I do.

In the previous template... we just moved the text by hand every day. No sweat, but it seems like it should work better than this... que no?

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike
Re: Title 3D and on screen positioning
May 24, 2007 03:13PM
The problem seems to be that when something is left justified in Title 3d, that it only is so in relationship to a centered position in the viewer.

Here's what I did to make it work. Left justify your text and apply. Go into the controls tab and position the text with the Position X/Y control in the Controls tab, instead of positioning the text clip.

When I then go back into Title 3d to change the text, the first letter begins at the same point each time.

Andy
May 13, 2010 07:54PM
Mike

I had the same problem and it took me quite sometime to find the answer, thought I'd share it with you...if you still need it after this long time.

Here it is: Turn on text wrapping. For SD set it to 512. That should lock the left side of the text.
May 15, 2010 10:59PM
Sorry for not updating the question with an answer, but three years later... better late than never!

Ended up making a template in Motion with the feature where you enter text in FCP, but get the Motion template every time. (I forget what this feature was called - it is not especially popular not well documented, nor well-named.) Finally was able to standardize text placement in a TV station. Finally.

Left that job last year to become a stay-at-home-dad. I suspect they have given up on that template now, as I am no longer there to ride their ass about it. :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics