Training resources for the FCP2Suite

Posted by Chuck Spaulding 
Training resources for the FCP2Suite
May 25, 2007 11:18PM
Any good resources for training on the new suite?
Re: Training resources for the FCP2Suite
May 26, 2007 01:20AM
Soon. Books are due to ship in a couple weeks and DVDs are coming out soon from many sources. All will be in the lafcpug store. For now you can get an excellent 6 part video tutorial on FCP 6 by Ripple Training. It is very good and only $29.00 and its downloadable.

Go to the lafcpug store and click on the FCP 6 on 6 button. Its on the left column.

[www.lafcpug.org]

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 26, 2007 10:05AM
May 26, 2007 07:41PM
Thanks Mike for the info.

I downloaded the Ripple Training, although it is well done it wasn't as informative as I was hoping for.

If your thinking about upgrading this is a good resource to get a little more in depth information. I was looking for more information about using the ProRes codec. I don't know if its me but I'm having a difficult time finding useful information about how to use many of the new features in FCS2, the ProRes codec, 3D compositing and paint in Motion and Compressor 3.
May 26, 2007 07:56PM
FCP 6 on 6 covers FCP only not the other apps. Says what is in it in the table of contents. There is a white papaer on the Pro Res codec at Apple.

[www.apple.com]

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 27, 2007 01:18AM
The training did exactly what it said it would. No complaints.

I have something north of 20 terabytes of mixed formats that I was hoping I could encode with the ProRes codec to create a common format. The white [propaganda] paper doesn't go into any detail on how to actually use it and there's a conspicuous absence of information about it in the manual. Its as though this codec fell of the truck at NAB ...

At Apple they recommend using Compressor3 to encode already captured files to the ProRes codec. I only did about 500GB's worth so I'm sure there's something I may have missed [tried standard and HQ] and on average it took three times the amount of time. I would have thought it would have been a near real-time process if not faster.

Anyway, thanks again for the info.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics