stereo pair a group

Posted by Arod 
stereo pair a group
May 29, 2007 02:37PM
Hi - here's the mistery

I am editing several audio files and to stereo pair them, I select them all and control+L to pair....that works fine....BUT it doesn't work all the time....a lot of times I have to select each one and them separetly, which is fine, but if i have 8 different bytes, it's very convenient to just select them all and pair them -

the thing is that ..sometimes it works...other times it doesn't -

any clues?
Re: stereo pair a group
May 29, 2007 03:55PM
First of all, the shortcut for Stereo Pairing is OPTION-L, not CONTROL-L. CONTROL-L toggles Loop Playback.

Second, in my experience, it's never worked to try to Stereo Pair more than two audio clips at once. You can break multiple stereo-paired audio clips with OPTION-L, just like you can break multipled linked video and audio clips with APPLE-L, but you can't group them all at once. The application will probably think you're trying to link all of them into one clip, which isn't doable.

If you want your master clips' audio in Stereo Pair, I suggest you change them in the Browser or when capturing.

www.derekmok.com
May 30, 2007 07:28AM
sometimes it works,
sometimes it doesn't.

generally i've found that if i had ALL simple 2tk clips, then yes i can batch-stereo or un-stereo them.
if i've got 2tk clips and some AIFF files mixed up, then i gets weirder.
with AIFF's or other brought-in files, then it's one at a time, in my experience.

nick
May 30, 2007 09:54AM
Derekmok - yes that's what I meant - Option L not control...long day....

"......in my experience, it's never worked to try to Stereo Pair more than two audio clips at once..............just like you can break multipled linked video and audio clips with APPLE-L, but you can't group them all at once. ..."

This has actually worked for me in the past...but like I said before..sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't -

Nick -

these are files that I captured in FCP - so they are all the same. Here's an example of what I am trying to do: I have 8 clips on a timeline and I am trying to select all and click Option+L to stereo pair them, this way I don't have to select clip by clip and pair them separetly.

now...if I select these clips and they are already pair by clicking option L they get unpaired which is fine....but if i want to pair them again....they don't get paired...

and the thing is that ...sometimes I do this and it works fine...but sometimes it doesn't

try this and let me know what your result is...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics