FCP 6

Posted by Arod 
FCP 6
May 29, 2007 02:38PM
ok...so now that it's been a few weeks....is it safe to upgrade to Studio 2?

I want all the bugs to be worked out. learned my lesson from other upgrades
Re: FCP 6
May 29, 2007 02:42PM
Is it safe? Meaning what? Will it blow up your Mac? No. Are there any bugs? Sure. There always will be but not enough folks have installed yet for us to know. But sure, it's safe to upgrade.

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 29, 2007 02:46PM
Read the archives...LOTS of discussion about FCP 6.

Gotta search man.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
May 29, 2007 02:46PM
I wasn't worrying about the mac blowing up, or small bugs, what i was worried about was the app suddently quiting constantly and those kind of bugs, like the upgrade from 3 to 4 - that, at least to me, was a nightmare.
May 29, 2007 02:48PM
No reports like that.

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 29, 2007 02:53PM
I LOVE FCS 2! FCP6 and all...

I make titles in LiveType and drag the LiveType doc right onto the FCP sequence. With my non-Intel G5 running the current OSX and FCP as of the day before I installed FCS2, if I would need to make a change in LiveType to the doc, and saved, when I returned to FCP I would get the dreaded Media Offline error, and have to Reconnect Media.

With FCS2, FCP does that updating automatically.

With FCS2, in DSP, the Build time is really faster. Like 10-15 mins to Build the 60 minute Feature rather than 60-90 mins. SD 16x9.
May 29, 2007 05:17PM
OK - first impressions

1 - FCPS2 is stable enough that we cranked out three pieces this weekend without a bug burp or beer belch (well maybe a beer belch)

2 - Motion is terrific - the new 3d effects and optical flow - outstanding (subscribe to MacBreak on itunes and watch the tutorial on optical flow and time ramping in Motion - it's simple and a must watch to save time.

3 - LiveType and DVD Studio pro seem little changed (other than a few new DVDSP templates - although I'm sure there are tweaks under the hood

4 - worked without any problems - firewire out and AJA in and out

5 - opened old projects without hassle.

I'm sure there's some gotchya's lurking somewhere - but for an out-of the-box experience - go for it.

One caviet - we cleared an old storage drive on our internal G5 dual 2 gig tower - installed a fresh System software - did all the upgrades THEN put FCPS2 on ...it's been smooth sailing

Andy
May 30, 2007 09:34AM
Hi Nick -

"....I make titles in LiveType and drag the LiveType doc right onto the FCP sequence. With my non-Intel G5 running the current OSX and FCP as of the day before I installed FCS2, if I would need to make a change in LiveType to the doc, and saved, when I returned to FCP I would get the dreaded Media Offline error, and have to Reconnect Media...."

this is available in FCP5 already...and yes...this is an awesome feature

thanks guys!!! - I think I'll buy it now
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics